Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weight Gain Results

So my actual weight gain phase is done.  I'm a little sad as my caloric intake will drop, however, I am very happy with the results.

I went in for a water-submerssion body fat test, which is generally known as the most accurate body fat test.  I do wish I had gone in right before my weight gain phase, but it's no biggie, I will factor in what I did and the results.

10/06/10
Weight: 148
Body Fat: 12.4%
Lean Body Mass: 129.6lbs
Fat Mass: 18.4lbs

From this point until January I was doing CrossFit 3 to 4 times per week and kept at the same weight the whole time.

January and February I began eating considerably more calories (from about 2200 to about 3100) and intaking a lot more protein of various forms ranging from 150g/day to 250g/day.

As of March I weighed in at a very steady 158lbs, I'm not sure what my body fat was at but I had put on some muscle and some fat.  This is when I started my traditional body building program and kept calories around 3100/day.

End Results:

5/28/11
Weight: 176
Body Fat: 16.5%
Lean Body Mass: 146.9lbs
Fat Mass: 29.1lbs

Total Muscle Gain: 17.3lbs
Total Fat Gain: 10.7lbs

I am very happy with these results, especially in the time I got them.  I've also had substantial increases in measurements and in how much weight I can push/pull.

==========================================

My plan now is to do a cut phase, focusing on fat loss with minimal muscle loss.  Should be fun and I'll keep the results posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment